Yoga is a great way to get a workout while increasing flexibility, and it’s also an opportunity to stretch the mind as you focus your attention on yourself and your body. Because yoga focuses on the all-encompassing concept of wellness through touching on mind, body, and soul, the practice is a great fit with getaway spas, where people go to do just that – get away from the daily stresses of life, and enjoy focusing on themselves and their relaxing surroundings.
The following getaway spas were deemed Best for Yoga in SpaFinder’s 2010 Readers’ Choice Awards for their commitment to yogic practices and retreats that stimulate emotional and spiritual well-being, as well as adventure activities to invigorate physical health.
- Ananda in the Himalayas (Narendra Nagar, India)
- Canyon Ranch (Lenox, MA)
- Canyon Ranch (Tucson, AZ)
- COMO Shambhala Estate at Begawan Giri (Bali, Indonesia)
- Mii amo, a destination spa at Enchantment (Sedona, AZ)
- Miraval, Life in Balance (Tucson, AZ)
- New Age Health Spa (Neversink, New York)
- Parrot Cay (Turks and Caicos)
- Rancho La Puerta (Tecate, Mexico)
- Topnotch Resort and Spa (Stowe, VT)