For the past few days I have been touring spas in the Dominican Republic. The first time I heard a spa representative refer to massage and facial rooms as “cabins,” it didn’t make an impression. But by the time I toured my fifth spa with “cabins,” I found it quite unusual. Nowhere in the world (other than in cruise ship spas) have I heard standard treatment rooms called “cabins.” Later, when I asked several people about the reasons behind the terminology, no one knew! So I’ll have to do some research to see what that is all about…unless someone can just shoot me an email or leave a comment and let us all know!
Impressive. Clinique La Prairie Spa will be opening a 50-story residential tower in Miami next year called Ten Museum Park, which they term “a revolutionary evolution of spa living.” I may have to agree with them. If they execute their plan according to current available information, I think it will be very appealing for a very specific audience.
What I like about this concept is that it seems as though they really know their customer. The famous Swiss company, known for its spa and its beauty products, is endeavoring to create a haven for that luxury, spa loving, beauty-oriented consumer. After 75 years of pampering kings, queens, heads of state, and movie stars at their spa in Switzerland, they should be able to satisfy those who purchase residences at this address. Here are the highlights:
- Sensational water views
- Opposite the new Miami Art Museum
- Famous Clinique La Prairie amenities in all condos, penthouses, and suites
- State-of-the-art Wellness Center on eighth and ninth floors
- Six pools including infinity-edge sunrise and sunset pools
- Forward-thinking Oppenheim Architecture + Design firm
- 25,000-square-foot sky garden with fruit trees and tropical vegetation
- Water water everywhere – views, pools, sounds
- 10,000-square-foot indoor/outdoor restaurant for residents and neighboring performing arts devotees
- Beauty-related businesses on lower floors
- Exclusive nightclub and lounge
- Massage, beauty care, thalasso, VIP cabins
- Hammam, Vichy shower and myriad electro, micro, and chromo treatments
- Proprietary beauty and health technology
- “Endless pampering, Swiss perfection, and service”
In typical European fashion they didn’t mention anything about fitness in their press release, but thankfully I found a mention of cardio and fitness facilities on their website. Clearly, beauty is the focus here.