Had a whirlwind trip to the UK last week and packed in was:
1. A day at our SpaFinder Europe office
2. A myriad of media appointments in London
3. A press reception hosted for us by David Lieber, owner of Spa Illuminata , a lovely day spa in London where we introduced the Spafinder website in German and French
4. A visit with Stephen Purdue at his award winning Champneys Tring Health Resort
5. An overnight stay at a Center Parcs Holiday Village and dinner with Don Camilleri, Director of Development and Engineering who designed and built their extensive Aqua Sana Spa with 13 spa experience rooms
6. A visit to Bath touring the often-written-about new Thermae Bath Spa with Charlotte Hanna and the famous Bath Museum
Whew….it was a brisk pace but I enjoyed every single minute. Mostly because of the time I was able to spend with some very talented people: Cassandra Cavanah and Kevin Turnbull, who run our SpaFinder Europe offices; David Lieber, who has a lengthy association with the beauty and spa industry in the UK; Stephen Purdue, the brilliant entrepreneur behind the growing Champney’s empire; Don Camilleri who designed the de-staffed spa experiences at Center Parcs years before anyone else was doing this; and Charlotte Hanna from Thermae Bath Spa whose enthusiasm I wish I could bottle and bring home.
Next posts…some of the “insider information” I learned from each of these folks.