On Friday night, the segment on spas for babies ran on Nightline. You can watch the piece here. I thought that the cutest parts were the mention of Baby Chakra Chi and the babies playing in the noodles.
I’d love to hear your thoughts on the piece, which you can share by clicking the “Comments” link below.
ABC’s Nightline is doing a segment on Baby Spas. It will air either tonight or Friday night.
I went to ABC Studios yesterday afternoon to be interviewed for the segment. I was asked about why we think this has become a trend, the range of services typically offered to babies and/or babies and mommies, how Spa Finder responded to the trend (we added a category called Mommy and Baby on the website), and how many spas of this type are in the U.S. More than likely, Nightline will only use a snippet of my answers, but I do hope that the information I gave them will help them turn out an interesting segment. I believe they filmed at the new Skin Spa Baby in Encino, California, and I know they also spoke with the owners of Maternal Fitness Spa Bebe in New York. If they got footage of babies, I’m sure it will be terrific!
I won’t be up at 11:30 p.m. tonight (New York time) to watch, but I’ll be setting my Tivo. Here’s hoping that the segment is positive. (And that my hair is not a total mess.)
Impressive. Clinique La Prairie Spa will be opening a 50-story residential tower in Miami next year called Ten Museum Park, which they term “a revolutionary evolution of spa living.” I may have to agree with them. If they execute their plan according to current available information, I think it will be very appealing for a very specific audience.
What I like about this concept is that it seems as though they really know their customer. The famous Swiss company, known for its spa and its beauty products, is endeavoring to create a haven for that luxury, spa loving, beauty-oriented consumer. After 75 years of pampering kings, queens, heads of state, and movie stars at their spa in Switzerland, they should be able to satisfy those who purchase residences at this address. Here are the highlights:
- Sensational water views
- Opposite the new Miami Art Museum
- Famous Clinique La Prairie amenities in all condos, penthouses, and suites
- State-of-the-art Wellness Center on eighth and ninth floors
- Six pools including infinity-edge sunrise and sunset pools
- Forward-thinking Oppenheim Architecture + Design firm
- 25,000-square-foot sky garden with fruit trees and tropical vegetation
- Water water everywhere – views, pools, sounds
- 10,000-square-foot indoor/outdoor restaurant for residents and neighboring performing arts devotees
- Beauty-related businesses on lower floors
- Exclusive nightclub and lounge
- Massage, beauty care, thalasso, VIP cabins
- Hammam, Vichy shower and myriad electro, micro, and chromo treatments
- Proprietary beauty and health technology
- “Endless pampering, Swiss perfection, and service”
In typical European fashion they didn’t mention anything about fitness in their press release, but thankfully I found a mention of cardio and fitness facilities on their website. Clearly, beauty is the focus here.