Just in time for Saint Patrick’s Day (and because we’re itching for summer!), we’re sharing with you Miraval Resort and Spa’s homemade frozen mint lemonade recipe. Suitably green (of course) and incredibly refreshing, this lemonade is simple to make. With basic ingredients, you can whip this beverage up in no time, and enjoy the therapeutic benefits of mint, which has long been known for its ability to help sooth stomach aches and ease digestion.
Looking for some Saint Patrick’s Day food recipes? Check out Healthy St. Patrick’s Day Recipes + 3 Tips to Lighten Up Your Favorites
Homemade Frozen Mint Lemonade (Makes 1 8-oz serving)
1 cup Miraval Lemonade (see below)
½ cup crushed ice
10 mint leaves
- Combine the ingredients in the bowl of a blender, and blend on high speed until frothy.
- Pour into a tall glass and serve immediately.
Calories: 70 | Total fat: 0 g | Carbohydrate: 21 g | Dietary Fiber: 0 g | Protein: 0 g
Miraval Lemonade (Makes 6 8-oz servings)
¾ to 1 cup cane sugar, depending on desired sweetness
1 cup water
1 cup fresh-squeezed lemon juice (4 to 6 average-sized lemons)
2 cup cold water (to dilute)
2 cup ice (to dilute)
- Heat the sugar and one cup of water together in a small saucepan over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until the sugar is dissolved completely, about 5 minutes.
- Juice 4 to 6 lemons using a juicer or handheld citrus reamer, enough for one cup of juice. Strain out the seeds.
- Add the lemon juice and the sugar water to a pitcher. Add the remaining 2 cups of cold water and ice. Use more or less depending on how strong you like your lemonade. Refrigerate until completely cooled, 30 to 40 minutes, or just pour over ice. If the lemonade is too sweet for your taste, add a little more lemon juice to it.
- Serve with additional ice, as desired.
Calories: 70 | Total fat: 0 g | Carbohydrate: 21 g | Dietary Fiber: 0 g | Protein: 0g
You might also like:
Sweet Peach Smoothie Recipe
30-Minute Asian Chicken Salad
Healthy Fried Rice with Scrambled Eggs
30-Minute Chicken & Green Beans Farro Salad
Blackened Beef Sirloin Tacos with Chipotle Aioli
30-Minute Lentil Salad
Most recent from Healthy Eating