No matter how health-conscious you are there’s something about summer that calls for a cool drink – preferably of the adult variety. We’re putting a spa spin on three of everyone’s favorite summer cocktails: the margarita, the mint julip, and the cool mojito. These spa-inspired sips are bound to be your newest drinks of choice!
Despite the skyrocketing temps the Lodge at Woodloch’s trusty therapuetic bartender Sonja has managed to keep things as cool as a cucumber. Here’s her recipe for a thirst-quenching Cool Cucumber Margarita!
Cool Cucumber Margarita from The Lodge at Woodloch
1.5 oz. of Patron Reposado Tequila
5 oz. Cointreau
2 oz. simply syrup
1. Muddle cucumber and lime juice together
2. Add all ingredients to mixing glass. Shake. Pour into rocks glass. Top off with club soda
3. Garnish: cucumber slices and lime wedge
Using mint that comes directly from the on-site herb garden, The Umstead Hotel and Spa’s bar manager Kyle Davis’ Summer Julep recipe is a staple on the Signature Culinary Cocktail summer menu! Make it a staple on your next backyard barbeque menu using the recipe here, you can substitute specialty ingredients using local ingredients at your grocery store!
Summer Julep from The Umstead Hotel and Spa
2 oz Four Roses Small Batch Bourbon
8-10 Sprigs Umstead Mint
½ oz House-made North Carolina Tobacco-infused Simple Syrup
1 Slice Savannah Bee Company Honeycomb
1. In a cocktail shaker add mint and one scoop of ice
2. With a wooden muddler, muddle vigorously until ice is finely crushed
3. Continue by adding Four Roses Bourbon and tobacco simple syrup
4. Shaking once more, transfer all contents into a mason jar or Julep cup using a bar spoon
5. Complete by garnishing with a generous slice of Savannah Bee Company’s fresh honeycomb and serve immediately.
Even if you can’t be at Miraval’s Brave Bill Lounge to enjoy a sip (or few) of your favorite summer cocktail it doesn’t mean you can’t have a taste of Miraval at home. Thanks to Miraval’s book Mindful Eating we’re able to share this recipe for a a delicious and refreshing Watermelon Mojito!
Watermelon Mojito from Miraval Resort & Spa
Makes 2 cocktails; 120 calories each
16 fresh mint leaves
½ oz. fresh lime juice
3 oz. watermelon vodka
½ oz. agave syrup or honey
6 drops grenadine syrup
2 lime wedges, for garnish
1. In two highball glasses, muddle together the mint leaves and lime juice
2. Add the vodka, agave, and grenadine; stir well.
3. Add ice to come three-quarters of the way up the glass, then add enough club soda to fill.
4. Stir well, garnish with the lime wedges, and serve
You might also like:
Let’s Get Grilling! Healthy Summer Grilling Recipes
Let’s Throw a Produce Party! Summer Salad Spa Recipes
The Magic of the Mediterranean (Diet)
Healthy Snacks to Curb Afternoon Cravings
5 Ayurvedic Summer Spices to Cool You Off
Most recent from Healthy Eating