Road trips with several spa stops along the way—that’s our favorite way to travel. So if you’re like us, schedule your next vacation around these scenic drives that offer spectacular spas or fitness studios.
Let’s kick this drive into high gear, shall we?
- Road to Hana, Hawaii: At the end of the Road to Hana, along Maui’s eastern coast, discover the AAA Four-Diamond Travaasa Hana, where mo‘olelo, or stories, are sure to be created as resort activities inspire you to embrace the island’s healing energy.
- Blue Ridge Parkway, North Carolina & Virginia: Boone, North Carolina, where you’ll find Blue Heaven Resort and Spa, lies just off of the Blue Ridge Parkway, two hours northwest of Charlotte. Visit Blue Heaven Spa, which resides on the property of The International Center for Meditation and Well-Being, or explore all that Boone—named America’s fastest-growing small town in 2012 by Forbes—has to offer.
- Lake Shore Drive, Illinois: Drive Chicago’s Lake Shore Drive and pay a visit to the mod-style Bliss® Spa at W Chicago, which overlooks Lake Michigan. Soothe sore muscles from car sitting with spa services that have catchy names like the rhythm & bliss massage (75 mins; $155). Sneak a visit to the spa’s signature brownie buffet as well!
- Pacific Coast Highway, California: There may be nothing better than a cruise down the Pacific Coast Highway, top down on the car, wind blowing through your hair, and far-reaching water views to see—except maybe topping off your euphoric state with a stop at Hyatt Regency Huntington Beach Resort & Spa, complete with the Mediterranean-inspired Pacific Waters Spa.
- Overseas Highway, Florida: Yes, you arrive at the seriously secluded and dazzling Little Palm Island Resort & Spa via seaplane or boat, but first you can take the Overseas Highway to get there. You’ll also find Paradise Yoga and Pilates In Paradise.
- Route 66, Illinois to California: Of course you can’t write a road trip story like this without mentioning the most famous of them all: Route 66. Extending from Illinois to California, there are a lot of spa or fitness stops along the way. F1RST Training Center in Glendora, California, is just one of them.
Most recent from Travel & Play