Getting enough shuteye is probably the most important component of a beauty routine (they don’t call it beauty sleep for nothing). So when the decision lies between taking an extra five minutes of snoozing or dragging ourselves out of bed to get ready, we choose the former every time.
And over the years, we’ve honed seven quick steps to be out the door in 10 minutes or less—for work, a date, a Sunday brunch…we’ve got it down to a science—you can time us!
- Take a shower at night, spritz damp hair with a texture spray (Alterna Bamboo Beach Summer Ocean Waves Tousled Texture Spray [$20] is a good example), and twist your locks into a loose bun (make sure to secure it with a tie like Emi Jay hair elastics [starting at $5.99 for set of three], which don’t cause a crease). Catch a few winks, take out the hair tie in the morning, and admire your relaxed, beach-y waves.
- Tinted moisturizers (Laura Mercier [$43] is my particular favorite) can act as a foundation, smoothing out imperfections and giving you a bit of a glow. Just make sure to purchase one with an SPF of at least 20.
- Find a mascara that lengthens and curls, so you can skip the eyelash curler (one less step in your makeup routine!) but still look wide awake. We like Giorgio Armani Eyes to Kill Excess Mascara ($32).
- A fat crayon-type stick such as Clinique’s Chubby Stick Moisturizing Lip Colour Balm ($17) gets your lips stained that much faster. Kick your routine into high gear as well with Nars The Multiple ($39), which does triple duty as an all-in-one, multipurpose makeup stick for cheeks, eyes, and lips.
- Skip the blush; instead, quickly sweep a bit of bronzer on your cheekbones, down the bridge of your nose, and along the rim of your forehead for a sun-kissed look. Guerlain Terracotta Light Sheer Bronzing Powder ($52) blends five shades, plus a complexion highlighter.
- Our favorite beauty tip: Using an eyebrow brush (we adore Anastasia Beverly Hills Tinted Brow Gel [$22]) makes any face look finished and defined, even if you’re sans makeup.
- Dab on a spritz of perfume before going out the door—it only takes a second!
Most recent from Beauty & Grooming